TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Search4maid is an online platform that connects employers, domestic helpers and employment agencies. Our services and products are designed to facilitate the posting, matching and hiring procedure for domestic helpers in our Channels. By signing up in our Channels, you have already entered into a legally binding agreement with Search4maid Limited (“Search4maid”).
In these Terms and Conditions, the following terms shall have the respective meanings specified below unless the context otherwise requires:
“Search4maid” means Search4maid Limited.
“Employer(s)” means user(s) who place job advertisements or promote job-related activities for recruitment purposes via our Channels.
“Domestic Helper(s)” means users who seek employment by an Employer.
“Agency(ies)” means user(s) who place job advertisements or resumes on behalf of an employment agency, they also provide the direct hires services to the Employer(s) in our Channels.
“Channels” means any websites, job portals, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp or mobile applications owned and operated by Search4maid and its affiliates/subsidiaries or its service providers.
The terms “you”, “user” and “users” herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing and/or using the Channels at any time for any reason or purpose.
Search4maid is a platform where Employers and Domestic Helpers can connect and employ the services of third party employment agencies if needed. Search4maid will not proceed with any official paperwork and is not substitute for a licensed employment agency for the creation and processing of any legal contract.
1. To use the Channels, a Domestic Helper must be of minimum working age in the country where he/she is looking for jobs, and an Employer must be of minimum age for hiring in his or her country of residence.
2. You will give full permission allowing Search4maid to disclose, use or distribute the information listed on a resume or job post created or posted by you, including personal details and mobile phone numbers, Facebook accounts, interview video and its content and its scoring etc. Your address will be used by Search4maid for personal mailing of contract or promotional material ONLY. All users are prohibited from using screen scraping, data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools on our Channels for establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Channels on his or her own website or in any other publication, except with our prior written consent.
3. Our Terms and Conditions of Use is subject to change without notice.
4. To use our Channels , you may be required to complete an online registration form. In consideration for your use of our Channels and the services provided on it, you agree to provide true, current, complete and accurate information.
5. Search4maid reserves the right to block any account, paying or not, if we suspect its owner has any disrespectful, illegal or dangerous intention.
6. Any fee potentially charged by our Channels cannot be refunded.
7. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on our Channels for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Search4maid may make changes to the materials contained on our Channels at any times without notice. Search4maid does not, however, make any commitments to update the materials.
8. Your use of any information or materials on our Channels is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through our Channels meet your specific requirements, if any.
9. Our Channels contain materials which are owned by or licensed to us. The materials include, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
10. Users authorize Search4maid, our Channels and related third-party partners (this includes e.g. YouTube, Facebook, WhatsApp, Line, WeChat, Weibo, Twitter, Instagram, and other online social media platforms and partners) to submit users’ bio-data and personal information (e.g. name, photo, video, age and date of birth, religion, body measurements, Facebook ID, etc.) stored in respective database system(s) to allow the future prospective employers to view users’ said bio-data and personal information for their employment purposes.
11. All trademarks reproduced in our Channels which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator of our Channels are acknowledged on our Channels.
12. Your use of our Channels and any dispute arising out is subject to the laws of HKSAR.
1. Permission is granted to temporarily use information on our Channels for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
i. modify or copy the materials;
ii. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
iii. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on our Channels;
iv. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; and/or
v. transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
2. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Search4maid at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
2. You cannot use our services to send spam or unsolicited communication. Search4maid reserves the right to suspend your services or reduce your user privileges.
3. Search4maid shall not be held responsible for any monetary dispute between users.
4. You are responsible for any content you submit. You are solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding, any information and content you provide or otherwise make available on our Channels, including the texts , video and images in your profile and in your communications with other Users (“User Content”).
5. As a Domestic Helper, Employer or Agency, you have to provide accurate, correct and real information in all content you create (including ads, profile and private messages) and should there be changes, it should be updated at our Channels. All users are fully responsible for any of the disclosed information. Do not disclose any information that you do not have the right to disclose. If there are any problems, we will reserve the right to sue you.
6. By submitting any User Content, you (i) represent and warrant that you have all the appropriate rights and permission (including getting permission from others in photos you provide) to provide such User Content to us, and (ii) grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any such User Content in connection with operating and providing the services to you and other users, for marketing and internal research purposes, and for external research purposes (for external research, any information will be provided in anonymized and aggregated form). You also represent and warrant that neither your User Content, nor your use and provision of your User Content to be made available through the services, nor any use of your User Content by us on or through the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
7. You cannot impersonate another person or create a false identity. Also, you cannot create a profile for anyone other than yourself. If you want to help friends, relatives, family or anyone else, you can introduce our Channels to them, but they will have to create their own profiles.
8. You are obliged to keep your own information safe. Keep your username confidential, do not share any passwords and take precautions to keep them safe. Search4maid is not liable for any loss of user information.
9. You must have ownership and authority of usage over the image you submit. No obscene, offensive, or adult images will be accepted. Any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or otherwise violating any law will be deleted. Search4maid reserves the right to suspend any account should there be offensive content posted.
10. You have to use the services in a professional matter and uphold this regardless of who you are contacting. Acting dishonestly will lead to your services being suspended and no refund will be offered.
11. You cannot share an account or profile. Any account can only be managed by one person and membership cannot be transferred to friends, family or whoever else.
12. You cannot market any goods, services or anything else in your private messages, your ad or profile page. We will take immediate action if we find that this obligation is violated.
13. You cannot copy profile or ad information of others through any means including the use of various technological tools or manually. If you are found to be selling any data or using it in your database, Search4maid will reserve the right to sue you.
14. You shall not violate the intellectual property or other rights of Search4maid, including, using the word “Search4maid” or our logos in any capacity unless given explicit written permission by Search4maid founder.
15. Agency or Agencies are not allowed to create domestic helper nor employer accounts, unless with a written request and has been permitted by Search4maid. Search4maid reserves the right to ban any agency registered on the site and take any legal action if it believes that it has incurred damage of any kind as a result of such acts, more specifically in the event of use of its database for commercial or market research purposes (market research carried out on and/or information collected from Search4maid ‘Users, use of Domestic Helpers’ personal information, misleading advertising, etc.). Search4maid will take any appropriate measures and issue any court proceedings. Any Agency who is not respecting our terms shall be liable to pay to us a sum of HK$50,000 plus court costs. Where applicable, notify the relevant authorities, collaborate with them and provide them with all information which may help to identify and stop illegal or unlawful activities.
1. Search4maid may change, suspend or end any service or change and modify prices at our discretion. The prices of our services are subject to terms solely determined by Search4maid. No refund will be provided.
2. Search4maid reserves the right to limit how you connect and interact on our Channels, including the number of connections and ability to contact other users. Search4maid reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate an account if users breach this Contract or the law or misuse the Services.
3. Members, whether paying or unpaying, will be liable for uploading or giving any inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, offensive or illegal content.
4. Search4maid is not liable for any content posted by users on a third-party advertising or App or other channels which are not owned by Search4maid, and does not take any responsibility for the legal terms or privacy policies of the said platform(s) or channel(s) operated by third parties.
5. Search4maid may suspend, restrict or terminate your account if we find a breach or violation of any of our terms and conditions. In this case Search4maid will not refund any fees charged.
6. For the recommended employment agencies or websites linked with us, it is your own decision on choice of application or usage. And you should bear any risk involved. We will not be responsible for any damage/ loss occurred. But we will try our best to make sure the linked websites and partner agencies are reliable.
7. Agencies and partners are independent from Search4maid. It is the agencies or partners’ responsibilities to make sure their communication with you complies with local regulations. If you decide to subscribe to a package with them, Search4maid is not responsible nor liable for your subscription thereof. Your agreement(s) or contract(s) with agencies or partners (if any) is or are between you and that particular agency or partner. In case of disagreement, you shall directly liase with that agency/ partner.
8. Members may receive messages from other members about details in their profiles or be called or video interviewed by Employers or Agency. Search4maid will not be responsible for any content of such messages, phone calls, video interviews or communications.
9. Search4maid reserves the right to change the content of our Channels at any time without advance notice.
1. Search4maid uses Search4maid tokens (“Search4maid Token”) as a medium of exchange, and it is charged only from Employers and Agencies.
2. Employers and Agencies will have different token packages for purchase. Please refer to Search4maid Token System in My Wallet (details of which are provided on the website of Search4maid at www.search4maid.hk) for more information on token pricing and payment methods. Search4maid Tokens cannot be re-sold , exchanged and/or redeemed for cash or credit balance under any circumstances. Search4maid Tokens are non-refundable and non-transferable after successful purchase.
3. Search4maid Tokens are valid for 6 months upon successful purchase. Expired Search4maid Tokens will be deducted from Employer and Agency wallets directly without further notice.
4. By selecting a particular payment method, you agree to the terms of service of the relevant processing partner, entity, party, organization or institution and your financial institution. You will bear all fees that may be charged by them for the selected payment method. You are advised to review their privacy policies and terms and conditions and understand how your information may be used by those third parties.
5. Search4maid reserves the right to increase fees or to institute new fees or charges on Users of our Channels, upon reasonable notice provided to users and/or posted on our Channels.
7. Search4maid reserves the right to penalize Users in breach of these Terms and Conditions, e.g. by suspending their accounts, without prejudice to other measures that the Company is entitled to take against users in breach. Such Users are liable to be punished with a fine, including but not limited to an account reactivation fee for the reactivation of an account that has been deactivated due to Users’ violation of the Terms and Conditions.
1. The materials on our Channels are provided “as is”. Search4maid makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Search4maid does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
2. Our Channels is where Employers, Domestic Helpers and Agencies can connect and appoint third party services if needed including employment agencies, medical check centers and insurance partners. Search4maid has no legal liability with its suggested service and it is your own decision on choice of application or usage. Search4maid will NOT process, review or otherwise deal with in any way any official paperwork or involved in the creation and processing of any legal contract. All users of our Channels are independent from us and we do not take any responsibility for your communication with other users.
3. Employers, Domestic Helpers and Agencies should ensure the strict compliance with the relevant law or regulation with each other directly, as well as the negotiation of the domestic helper salary, the employment agency fee and any other charges incurred, in respect with the relevant law or regulation.
4. All data and information shown in the biodata in our Channels is provided by the applicant. Search4maid is not responsible for any losses and/or damages caused by any discrepancy and incorrectness of the information and data provided by applicants in the biodata in our Channels. Users should verify the related information themselves during the interviews and screenings. No guarantee for the authenticity of the domestic helpers’ personal data is hereby given by Search4maid.
5. From time to time our Channels may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
6. Search4maid is not responsible for any safety issues occurring from use of Search4maid’s services online or meeting users met on the Channels offline. We advise all users to take necessary precautions for personal safety.
7. Agencies are independent from us. It is agencies’ responsibilities to make sure their communication with you complies with local laws or regulations. If you decide to engage the services of one of the employment agencies (also called partner agencies) listed on our Channels, we will not be responsible for any outcome, cost, loss or delay. Ensure that you have requested all mandatory documents and that the agency has the appropriate license before entering into any agreement with them. Any communication you have with them, is between you and the agency or third party and we will not be liable for any of its outcomes. You may sign a contract with the agency and must directly communicate with them in case of disagreement.
8. Search4maid shall not be held responsible, in case of any damage or cost arising from the use of our Channels. Regardless of direct hire or using our partner agency, it is your responsibility to make sure your decisions and actions comply with local regulations.
9. Search4maid does not guarantee that our services will function without errors or interruption. We do not take any liability for problems related to these problems.
10. Search4maid do not take responsibility and disclaim all representations of users in terms of fitness to work, accuracy or lawfulness of user-provided information or data.
11. Search4maid shall not be liable to you or others for any special, consequential and punitive damages, incidental, indirect, loss of data, offensive or defamatory wordings.
12. Search4maid requires each user to respect the rights and obligations governed by Hong Kong laws. If users are not based in Hong Kong, we strictly recommend them to comply with the laws and regulations of their country.
13. Regardless of your geographical residential location or where you used our services, you irrevocably agree that any dispute(s) with Search4maid shall be resolved in Hong Kong, the laws of Hong Kong shall be applicable and the courts of Hong Kong shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and decide any suit, action or proceedings, and/or to settle any disputes arising from or in connection with your use of our Channels in any manner and you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
DURATION OF USE
1. Domestic Helper’s profiles and Employer job posts will remain active for 12 months only, unless users have reported to our system to the contrary (The system will then not show the job/resume to the public anymore) or a user can change to “inactive” the profiles or job post in our Channels under Setting. Returning members which choose to permanently delete their account need to contact Search4maid admin by sending email to [email protected] or contact +852 9451-0143 for special handling. After 12 months since users signup in our Channels, profiles will be hidden from public view. Users may also do this on their own accord whenever they deem it necessary.
2. Failure to abide by any of our user obligations will result in account closure and banning from our Channels. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time.
3. If you want to contact us related to these terms, please contact us by sending email to [email protected] or contact +852 9451-0143 with detailed information on how we can assist you and we will get back to your query as soon we can.
Any claim relating to our Channels shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to use of our Channels.
Last Updated 11 January 2021